Skip to main content


Firewood Donations from NACFOR

NACFOR accepts donation requests for logging truckloads of firewood for your organization’s fundraiser. See our Donations Program page to learn more about how you can request firewood, and which organizations are eligible.

Logging Truck Load for Donation

Firewood Collection on Crown Land

Free Use Permit for Domestic Purposes Only:

Public collection of firewood on Crown land requires a permit, this includes the Nakusp and Area Community Forest tenure.

  • Not to sell any firewood gathered on Crown land to another person.
  • Cut only DEAD conifer trees (standing or down). Conifer trees that have been blown down or broken off, shall ONLY be cut for firewood if there are no green needles left on the tree(s). No cutting of deciduous trees is allowed under this permit.
  • Cutting of any decked logs is PROHIBITED.
  • Wildlife Values are to be recognized. No trees greater than 50 cm (approximately 20 inch) in diameter as measureed at stump height (30 cm from germination) shall be cut under this permit. Care shall also be taken to not cut, damage or remove trees showing signs of wildlife use. Watch especially for trees posted with a “Wildlife Tree” sign.
  • It is the responsibility of the Permittee to ensure they are cutting ONLY on Crown land outside of municipality boundaries, and is not part of any Woodlot, active logging areas, research areas, recreation areas/ campsites.

General information about Firewood Permits can be found here.

To obtain a domestic use collection permit, visit the Selkirk District firewood permit form.

Commercial Firewood Permit information can be found here: BC Ministry of FLNRORD

Commercial Firewood Permits are for:

  • Cutting firewood and selling it (Under Small Scale Salvage Permit)

Purchasing Firewood from NACFOR

From time to time, the Nakusp and Area Community Forest offers firewood sales. You can enquire about purchasing loads of firewood by calling the office at 250 265 3656 or emailing